Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Finally Fall!

Well, since my mom and sisters have been blogging for a while, I thought I'd give it a whirl too. It finally feels like Fall up here! I've been waiting all summer for this. I looove sweater weather! Anyway, there are two exciting happenings in my life: the first one is that my husband got a new job where he works the day shift every day...boy, do we love that! He used to be on a swing shift, where he'd work afternoons one week and days the next. We went through that for two years, and finally it was enough! He loves his new job; he's still welding, which he's been doing for years, but the shop he's in now is a much friendlier place to work. And I love being able to go to bed next to him every night. The second exciting thing is that we're pregnant!! Yay!! It's our first baby, and we're so pumped I can't even stand it. I am in my sixth week now, due on May 5. So far I don't really 'feel pregnant'...I have some pretty substantial bloating, and I'm indescribably tired, all the time. I've only had light nausea, which I'm sure will intensify pretty soon. My husband is hoping for a boy, I don't have a preference. I do think it'd be pretty cool, however, if we gave my parents their first grandson. (Move over, Aubrey!!) Right now I think of the baby as a little jellybean, since that's sort of what he looks like at this point (thanks to Emily for that one). I'll refer to him as 'him', since I don't like calling him 'it'. He's my baby, no matter how jellybeanish he may be. :) What am I looking forward to this week? Finishing some of my mural at church, and a weekend full of nothing. I think Chris and I are going to break down and buy a new front door. And, of course, a few days of sunshine and 65 degrees!

No comments: